Founded in 1999, Astron Technology Pty Ltd (ABN 49 088 659 821) is a highly successful IT business solutions provider offering systems integration and IT service in support of mission critical applications and infrastructure for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs), Corporate and Government organisations. The Company has a significant investment in quality IT skills and service provision and has consistently built upon a strategy of professional expertise, contract managed support services and long term client relationships.
We focus on Enterprise level Data Centre and Cloud issues but our passion is EndUser Computing. Our End Point as a Service (EaaS) solution sets the standard.
As a specialist IT Solutions and Service Provider, Astron Technology has established a name for developing consistent quality and value across its business, through to flexible and innovative solutions for clients. Astron Technology offers the very latest hardware, software and support services to its Australian network of customers and consistently invests in building skills and strategies to meet the changing needs of clients and business solutions.
With a large and growing customer base of corporate organisations and mid-sized clients, Astron Technology provides specialist business process re-engineering, project management and resourcing, systems design and application integration, mobility solutions, implementation and managed support services.
Customer engagement is based on a consultative approach to understanding the needs of customers and matching or developing IT based business solutions. Astron Technology has developed strategies to service the project needs of complex large scale IT infrastructure and application deployment as well as the intimate and close relationship needed of long term trusted support.
A flexible approach to account management means that Astron Technology is able to deliver all aspects of End User Computing through to Data Centre and Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure, all backed by skilled consultancy and support.
Astron Technology has remained fully operational throughout the Covid-19 emergency. We activated our established business continuity plans in March without incident. This enabled our staff to maintain all customer and internal processes remotely.
Astron Technology’s internal hardware and software systems have been designed specifically to give us maximum operational flexibility. We not only sell but internally deploy state of the art mobility devices, cloud-based application delivery and a collaboration environment based on Microsoft Teams. As such, all Astron Technology sales, support and administration staff are fully equipped to work from home and were encouraged to do so. All meetings with clients are conducted remotely via Microsoft Teams or other customer preferred systems such as Skype, Facetime or WebEx.
In line with government guidelines, we have progressively reinstated business processes to our O’Connell Street offices as safe to do so. As of 1 July, O’Connell Street is fully staffed and operational. Temperature and identity monitoring technology has been deployed to monitor all people entering our offices. At this time face to face customer and vendor meetings are still not being held in the office in line with current health advice.
Most support provided by Astron Technology and our service partners can be delivered remotely. Onsite engineers remain available around the country if you have staff that require onsite assistance even at home, subject to limitations enforced by the government.
Astron Technology’s warehouse and redeployment facilities have remained fully functional while operating in compliance with all government guidelines and rules. Similarly, all our distribution partners facilities remain fully operational. As anticipated some supply shortages have occurred but we have been very effective in minimising the impact on customers. Astron Technology closely monitors the supply chain and maintains multiple sourcing options for all key products wherever possible.
Astron Technology is here to assist our customers over this challenging period and for the future ahead. Please feel free to reach out to your Account Manager or me personally if you have any concerns or questions.
Tony and the Astron Technology team
Information Collection and Use
Astrontech is the sole owner of the information collected on our websites. There are sections of our website that invite you to contact us to request information from us. In order to reply to your request, we may need to obtain personal contact information such as your name, postal address, telephone number, and email address. We may also solicit information such as demographic, occupation, company affiliation, and product preference. We use this information for market analysis and to distribute information by email, postal mail, telephone and/or fax about products and services that we believe may be interest to you.
We employ various automated means, including cookies and server logs, to collect information and generate statistics relating to your navigation of our website and the referring sites that may have brought you to our website. The information we collect is used to maintain profiles of our website users. We use profile information to customise a user's visit to our website and to tailor the information we provide.
A cookie is a small text file which we transfer to your hard drive through your web browser when you visit our website. It enables our system to recognise you when you visit our website again and improve our service to you. Cookies may also be used to compile aggregate information about areas of our website that are visited most. This traffic information is used to improve the content of our website and make it easier to use.
We use this to research our users' habits so that we can improve our online products and services. Our cookies do not collect personal information. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your browser so that your computer does not accept them. We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track users' movements, and gather broad demographic information.
Access and Amendment
You may request a copy of any personal information that we keep about you. We strive to ensure that our information is accurate, complete, and up to date. You may request that we delete or make appropriate amendments to your information.
We are committed to constantly improving our procedures so that personal information is treated appropriately. If you feel that we have failed to deal with your personal information in accordance with this policy or in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles, please contact us, using the details listed below, so we have an opportunity to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. We will log your complaint and our privacy officer will: listen to your concerns and grievances; discuss with you the ways in which we can remedy the situation; and put in place an action plan to resolve your complaint and improve our information handling procedures if appropriate.
This page details Astron Technology "Astrontech" standard customer trading terms applicable to quotations issued from 14 October 2019. These trading terms may be superseded by customer specific agreements. For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Terms ("Terms")
These Terms and any document(s) referred to in them constitute the entire agreement about Astrontech's supply of the Products and services to Customer. Words with special meanings are defined in clause 1.
A reference in these Terms to:
1. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
2. the word "including" means "including, but not limited to," and the word "includes" means "includes, without limitation,";
3. A reference to a gender includes all genders; and
4. a reference to a person (including a party) includes an individual, company, other body corporate, partnership, firm, joint venture, or a trust.
In these terms:
"Customer" means the person, business or company that is the purchaser of the Products; "Products" means any products (including software) or services (where applicable) supplied to Customer by Astrontech and described in Astrontech's invoice;
"Sales Contract" means any sales contract or agreement entered into by Customer and Astrontech in respect of the Products and services supplied to Customer in which these Terms are deemed to be incorporated; and
"Astrontech" means Astron Technology Pty Limited (ABN 49 088 659 821)
All orders for Products placed by Customer are subject to acceptance by Astrontech, and no order will be deemed to have been accepted by Astrontech unless Products are supplied or a back-order or delivery delay is confirmed in writing by an authorised representative of Astrontech to Customer.
Astrontech may reject any order placed by Customer if there is an insufficient supply of Products which prevents Astrontech from being able to fulfil such an order.
Astrontech will not be bound by any terms attaching to Customer's order and unless those terms are expressly agreed to in writing by an authorised representative of Astrontech, Customer agrees that those terms are hereby excluded.
1. The price of the Products will be Astrontech's quoted price.
2. Payment is required prior to delivery of the Products to Customer unless an Astrontech Credit Application form has been completed and approved by Astrontech. If Customer fails to make payment in accordance with this clause 3(2) after demand for payment by Astrontech, all amounts owing by Customer to Astrontech on any account will immediately become due and payable together with legal costs of enforcement.
3. Astrontech may, in its sole discretion: suspend the provision of credit to Customer until all amounts owing are paid for in full; and from time to time and at any time, vary or cancel any credit facility it makes available to Customer.
4. Customer will be liable to pay interest on any overdue amount at the rate of 2% per month or part thereof. Interest will accrue from the date payment became overdue until Astrontech has received payment of the overdue amount, together with any interest accrued.
5. Customer must pay Astrontech, on demand, any tax (other than income tax) payable under these Terms, any matter or thing done under these Terms or any payment, receipt or other transaction contemplated by these Terms, including any goods and services or value-added tax, customs duty, sales tax, excise duty, stamp duty, other duty, governmental charge, fee, levy or impost, together with any fine, penalty or interest payable because of a default by Customer.
6. Customer must pay to Astrontech any amount Customer must pay under clause 3(f) in full, despite any right of set-off that Customer may have.
7. Customer shall pay the full amount due to Astrontech under this clause and shall not deduct from that amount any tax in relation to purchase of the Products. Customer shall reimburse Astrontech for any taxes Astrontech pays on its behalf.
Delivery times advised to Customer are estimates only and Astrontech will not be liable for any loss, damage or delay suffered or incurred by Customer or its customers arising from late or non-delivery of the Products.
5) Part deliveries
Astrontech may make part deliveries of any order and each part delivery will constitute a separate supply of the Products upon these Terms.
1. To the extent that a Product supplied under these Terms is a software Product then, in addition to these Terms, that Product will be supplied subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant licence agreement applicable to it.
2. Software licence agreements may be packaged with the software, may be separately provided to Customer for execution or may require on-screen acceptance by Customer. Customer agrees to use the software Product in accordance with the terms and conditions of the relevant licence agreement.
3. Where the term "supply" is used in these Terms to refer to a software Product, such term means the sale and purchase of the licence to use that software Product.
7) Inspection and acceptance
1. in the case of all Products ordered (other than software Products), inspect such Products upon delivery to Customer's premises; or,
2. in the case of software Products, test or inspect such software Products upon those Products being authorised by Astrontech for downloading by Customer, and must, within 7 days of delivery or downloading (as the case may be), give written notice to Astrontech of any matter or thing by which Customer alleges that the Products do not accord with Customer's order. Failing such notice and to the extent permitted by law, the Products will be deemed to have been accepted by Customer.
8) Title and risk
1. Products supplied by Astrontech to Customer will be at Customer's risk immediately upon: delivery of the Products to the Customer, Customer's agent or into the Customer's custody or control; or collection of the Products by the Customer's nominated carrier or agent.
2. Risk in the Products will remain with Customer at all times unless Astrontech retakes possession of the Products in accordance with clause 8(3)(b).
3. If Customer has breached these Terms or the terms of any relevant Sales Contract, Customer authorises Astrontech, at any time, to enter onto any premises upon which Astrontech's Products are stored to enable Astrontech to: inspect the Products; and/or reclaim the Products.
4. Customer acknowledges that in the case of software Products, any refusal or failure to pay may result in cancellation of the licence to use the software Product.
5. Customer agrees that the provisions of this clause 8 apply despite any arrangement under which Astrontech grants credit to Customer
Customer must notify Astrontech in writing of any Products it wishes to return within 7 days from the date of the invoice relating to those Products.
Return of faulty products will be subject to Astrontech's Faulty Products Returns Procedure as advised to Customer and amended by Astrontech from time to time.
A No Fault Product is a Product returned by the Customer to Astrontech in circumstances where the return is not due to the fault of Astrontech or any fault with the Product.
Return of No-Fault Products will be subject to Astrontech's No Fault Products Returns Procedure as advised to Customer and amended by Astrontech from time to time.
Astrontech will not be liable for any damage or defects in the Products that have been caused by the improper storage, warehousing or transport, or by any neglect, abuse or improper use, installation, maintenance or
The provisions of this clause 9 do not extend to any Products which have been added to, varied, or otherwise modified by, any person other than Astrontech.
10) Force majeure
If the performance of Astrontech's obligations under these Terms or any relevant Sales Contract is prevented, restricted or affected by force majeure including strike, lock out, raw material shortage, breakdown of plant, transport or equipment or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Astrontech, Astrontech will give notice of such cause to Customer and after 60 days from the receipt by Customer of such notice, either party may terminate the relevant Sales Contract without penalty.
11) Buffer Stock
If Astrontech agrees to hold Product as Buffer Stock to assist Customer manage supply lead times and demand variability, Customer must
1. commit to take delivery and pay for all Product acquired by Astrontech within a mutually agreed time period, not exceeding 90 days, and
2. enter into a Buffer Stock Agreement that defines the procedure for determining restocking levels.
12) Customer's cancellation
Unless otherwise agreed in writing by an authorised officer of Astrontech, Customer may not cancel an order which has been accepted by Astrontech.
1. If Customer's right of cancellation is agreed to by an authorised officer of Astrontech in writing, the right must be exercised by notice in writing from Customer to Astrontech not later than 7 days before the estimated date of shipment by the manufacturer or Astrontech (as the case may be).
2. Unless otherwise agreed between Customer and Astrontech, upon cancellation prior to shipment, any deposit paid by Customer will be forfeited to Astrontech.
3. Orders for “Configure To Order” (CTO) products are not eligible for cancellation.
4. Buffer Stock Product Orders are not eligible for cancellation.
13) Default of Customer
Without prejudice to any of Astrontech's other rights under these Terms, if Customer fails to make any payment due to Astrontech under these Terms, Astrontech may, in its sole discretion, and without further liability to Customer: refuse to make further supplies to Customer under the relevant Sales Contract; and/or terminate the Sales Contract without notice.
1. The Customer agrees that these Terms shall give rise to an interest in land thereby enabling Astrontech to lodge a caveat against the title to any land owned partly or wholly by the Customer, in order to protect and secure the interests of Astrontech under these Terms and under any Sales Contract.
2. In the event that Astrontech lodges a caveat against any land owned partly or wholly by the Customer, the Customer hereby irrevocably agrees to endorse its consent upon any relevant forms or documents to enable the lodgement and timely registration of any such caveat by Astrontech.
1. Products are covered by manufacturers' warranty. To the extent permitted by law, Astrontech's entire responsibility with respect to warranties for the Products is to pass on to Customer the benefit of any such warranties. Subject to clause 14(3), software Products are not warranted by Astrontech under these Terms. Such software Products are warranted in accordance with the relevant licence agreements governing their use.
2. To the extent permitted by law, the manufacturers' warranties referred to in clause 13(1) are in substitution for all other terms, conditions and warranties, whether implied by statute or otherwise (including implied warranties with respect to merchantability and fitness for purpose) and all such terms, conditions and warranties are expressly excluded.
3. Certain legislation may imply warranties or conditions or impose obligations upon Astrontech which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified or cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except to a limited extent. These Terms must be read subject to those statutory provisions. If those statutory provisions apply, to the extent to which Astrontech is able to do so, its liability will be limited, at its option, to: in the case of products: the replacement of the products or resupply of equivalent products; repair of the products; payment of the cost of replacing the products or acquiring equivalent products; or the payment of the cost of having the products repaired; and in the case of services: the supply of the services again; or the payment of the reasonable cost of having the services supplied again.
4. Astrontech does not warrant that repair facilities or parts will be available in respect of any of the Products.
5. Astrontech will provide warranty on refurbished products for a period of 14 days from the date of invoice, that the equipment and its components appearing on the invoice (excluding batteries) will be free from any material defect.
6. All Laptop batteries are sold on an “as-is” basis with no warranty are covered by manufacturers' warranty.
7. Astrontech will undertake to either repair, replace or credit the product sold at our sole discretion. If the equipment cannot be repaired cost-effectively, it will be replaced with the same or like product at Astrontech’s discretion. If no product is available Astrontech will credit the total purchase price provided that notification has been received within the stated 14-day period from invoice.
To the extent permitted by law, Astrontech will not be liable to Customer or any other person under any circumstances for any loss of use, profit, revenue, interest, goodwill or data, or for any injury or death to any person, or for any indirect, incidental or consequential damages sustained or incurred by Customer.
16) Credit assessment
1. If any Products are supplied to Customer on credit, Astrontech may need to disclose to a credit reporting agency certain information referred to in clause 16(3) about Customer when assessing Customer's application for credit and managing Customer's account with Astrontech. Customer authorises Astrontech to disclose such information to a credit reporting agency for these purposes.
2. Subject to Astrontech's obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended and any other applicable laws, Astrontech may provide the information referred to in clause 16(3) to a credit reporting agency to obtain a consumer credit report about Customer or to allow the credit reporting agency to create or maintain a credit information file about Customer. Customer agrees that Astrontech may disclose a credit report about it to any credit provider, debt collecting agency or Astrontech's insurers for the purposes of assessing Customer's creditworthiness or to collect any overdue payments (as the case may be).
3. Astrontech may disclose the following information relating to Customer in accordance with clauses 16(1) and (2):
4. Customer's name and address; credit limits on Customer's accounts; the amount of any payments which are overdue for at least 60 days; where an overdue payment has been previously reported, advice that the payment is no longer overdue; Any method of payment including, but not limited to, cheques, electronic funds transfer, BPay, credit card payments which have been dishonoured; information that, in the opinion of Astrontech, Customer has committed a serious credit infringement; and information that Astrontech has ceased to supply the Products and services to Customer.
5. Customer agrees that Astrontech may obtain information about Customer from any business which provides information about the commercial creditworthiness of persons for the purposes of assessing Customer's application to purchase the Products on credit and collecting any overdue amounts.
6. Astrontech may refuse to supply the Products to Customer on credit on the basis of Astrontech's credit assessment of Customer.
1. Customer agrees to Astrontech collecting, using and disclosing information about Customer of the kind referred to in clause 17(3) for various purposes, including to: assess creditworthiness as outlined in clause 17; supply the Products and services to Customer and the management of Customer's account, including suppliers; communicate with Customer about the Products and services which Astrontech or its partners or affiliates may provide to Customer; implement these Terms and any Sales Contract; and comply with relevant laws.
2. Astrontech, at the written request of Customer, will: provide Customer with access to any personal information relating to Customer held by Astrontech; and
3. correct or amend any personal information relating to Customer held by Astrontech which is inaccurate or out of date.
4. Astrontech will handle Customer's personal information in accordance with relevant laws.
18) Intellectual Property
1. Customer acknowledges that: all trademarks, copyright and other intellectual property rights ("Intellectual Property") embodied in or in connection with the Products and any related documentation, parts or software are the sole property of Astrontech or its suppliers; and all Intellectual Property of Astrontech or its suppliers may only be used by Customer with the express written consent of Astrontech or its suppliers, during the continuance of any relevant Sales Contract, and such consent extends only to use essential for the purposes stated in it.
2. Customer must not register or use any trade marks, trade name, domain name, trading style or commercial designation or design used by Astrontech or its suppliers in connection with the Products.
3. Customer will indemnify Astrontech against all liabilities, damages, costs and expenses which Astrontech may suffer or incur as a result of any work performed by Astrontech in accordance with Customer's specifications or as a result of the combination or use of the Products with other equipment, parts or software not supplied by Astrontech, and which results in the infringement of any Intellectual Property of any person.
1. Customer acknowledges that Astrontech has disclosed and may from time to time disclose to Customer certain confidential information and documentation of Astrontech relating to the Products, their marketing, use, maintenance and software, including technical specifications ("Confidential Information").
2. Subject to clause 19(5), Customer must: only use the Confidential Information solely for the purposes contemplated under any relevant Sales Contract; and not, during the continuation of such Sales Contract or thereafter, disclose (whether directly or indirectly) to any third party the Confidential Information, other than is required to carry out such purposes.
3. If disclosure of Confidential Information to third parties is necessary, Customer will obtain from such third parties binding agreements to maintain in confidence the Confidential Information disclosed at least to the same extent as Customer is bound to protect Astrontech's Confidential Information under this clause 19.
4. Upon the expiry or termination of any relevant Sales Contract, Customer must cease to use and must return or destroy (as Astrontech may instruct) Astrontech's Confidential Information in its possession or control.
5. The provisions of this clause 19 do not extend to any information which is: at the time of disclosure, rightfully known to or in the possession or control of Customer and which is not subject to an obligation or confidentiality; public knowledge (otherwise than as a result of a breach of this clause 19 or any other obligation of confidentiality);
6. approved in writing by an authorised officer of Astrontech to be disclosed; or required to be disclosed by a government authority or by relevant laws provided that notice of any such required disclosure is first given to Astrontech.
1. Astrontech may amend these Terms at any time, by giving Customer notice by mail, e-mail. By continuing to place orders for Products, Customer will be deemed to have accepted the revised Terms.
2. Any provision of these Terms which is invalid or unenforceable will be read down to the extent necessary, and the remaining provisions will continue unaffected.
3. Customer acknowledges that some Products may be controlled under export laws in force at the time of the Sales Contract. Customer shall not export, re-export, or distribute Products, in violation of any such export control laws or regulations.
4. Customer acknowledges that certain Products may be subject to license requirements or other restrictions specific to certain transactions. Where applicable, Customer agrees to be bound by any such terms and conditions and/or restrictions and shall indemnify Astrontech for any liability suffered by it arising from Customer's breach.
5. Customer may not assign or attempt to assign any of its rights and obligations under these Terms.
6. These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales and the courts of the state of New South Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any disputes arising from or relating to this agreement.
The following provisions will apply in respect of the return of Faulty and No Fault Products by the customer to Astrontech in accordance with clause 9 of the Trading Terms:
A 'faulty' product is a Product returned by the customer to Astrontech that failed to operate in accordance with its functional specifications.
Dead on Arrival Products
A 'DOA' (Dead on Arrival) product is a faulty Product that failed in the early life of usage or out of box. The DOA period for each Product will vary based on manufacturer policies, and commonly ranges from 7 to 30 days.
A 'Warranty' product is a faulty product that failed within the warranty period. The warranty period for each Product will vary based on manufacturer policies.
Customer must supply:
Under manufacturer's instructions, Astrontech will issue a credit, replacement or repair for the return of faulty products. Replacement or repair returns may result in delays due to manufacturer processing lead times and Astrontech stock availability.
Any physical damage incurred on the faulty product due to the misuse of the product will void the warranty and is the Customer's responsibility.
The Customer should provide the correct and exact fault details which Astrontech can advise to the Manufacturer for testing purpose. Any no fault found charges from the Manufacturer will be at the Customer's expense.
All faulty products must be returned as a complete set which includes all the components that were supplied originally, eg. Cables, CD and Power Adaptors, and also, with the original packaging.
A 'no fault' product is a Product returned by the Customer to Astrontech in circumstances where the return is not due to the fault of Astrontech or any fault with the Product.
Product sold on a "No Returns Basis"
Customer must supply:
Once the Returns Representative has identified the Product for the return, the Customer will be issued with an RA number. This number must be used in all correspondence relating to the product.
All products returned for credit must be in a pristine and unopened condition with all seals intact. All inward freight will be the responsibility of the customer. Astrontech will not cover the cost of freight on returned products and will not accept responsibility for any damage or loss suffered by the customer.
Copyright © 2021 Astron Technology Pty Ltd - All Rights Reserved.